Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Trench Line. The forum for World War One re-enactors and those with an interest in the military history of the Great War of 1914 - 1918. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Southeast US/AEF Units
Topic Started: Oct 7 2014, 05:55 AM (431 Views)
Kamandi
Private
Looking to contact units in the Southeast

Thanks

Garry
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Parrish
Private
A lot of units don't have strong regional membership. The 80th Division AEF has a lot of Virginia and North Carolina members, I'm one of those. We also have members in Ohio, Massachusetts, Florida and one new guy in New Mexico.

Our website is:

http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/80th/index.htm

-Parrish

US 30th Infantry Regiment
Private
Still on the books... just need the uniform and some personal items...

I'm in Savannah, Georgia working towards a US 3rd Division AEF kit 1st Bn., 30th IR, 6th Brigade.

Jim
Posted Image

"ROCK OF THE MARNE!"
Sgt. J. F. Dunigan, III
"A" Company, U.S. 30th Infantry
U.S. 6th Infantry Brigade
U.S. 3rd Division(Reenacted)

Tuckahoe Doughboy
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Garry where in the southeast are you located? As Parrish said, we have a large part of our membership in Virginia and North Carolina.
Vincent Petty

"I pressed forward with the others to watch the United States physically entering the War, so god-like, so magnificent, so splendidly unimpaired in comparison with the tired nerve-racked men of the British Army. So these were our deliverers at last." British Nurse Vera Brittain

318th Infantry, 80th Division AEF

Kamandi
Private
All Hands,

I'm located in middle Tennessee.

Garry

Tuckahoe Doughboy
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are you looking for an AEF unit within the Great War Association to participate in GWA events, or are you merely looking for a local group for local living history programs?

For the most part, active AEF units are members of the GWA and any of them could fit your needs to be able to head up to Newville, PA for the Fall and Spring tactical events. Since the events are based at Newville, we all find that it is most important to be able to comfortably travel to that part of Pennsylvania, more so than finding a unit where its membership is essentially all based in the same neighborhood.

In my own unit, we have our largest concentration of members in Virginia, North Carolina, and Ohio, along with members in WV, Connecticut, Iowa, Florida, GA and now New Mexico. We get our largest participation at Newville, and then our members will do their own local events.

If you like feel free to contact me.
Vincent Petty

"I pressed forward with the others to watch the United States physically entering the War, so god-like, so magnificent, so splendidly unimpaired in comparison with the tired nerve-racked men of the British Army. So these were our deliverers at last." British Nurse Vera Brittain

318th Infantry, 80th Division AEF

BuglerJay
Member Avatar
Bugler Jay
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:army: We have several guys in NC portraying the Mortar Section attached to the HQ Company, 120th Infantry, 30th "Old Hickory" Infantry Division. I portray an MP of the 105th MP, 30th Div. The mortar guys are "Death from Above" on the Huns at Newville where we bunk with and are associated with the 107th Infantry, 27th "O'Ryan's Roughnecks" Div. We portray National Guard troops - - and the 30th Div was NC, SC and TN National Guard units. I'm in Greensboro NC. We do a good bit of educational display as well as other living history activities in addition to the fun and games at Newville.

There is a Facebook page for the 120th Mortars.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Recruiting Desk · Next Topic »
Add Reply