Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Trench Line. The forum for World War One re-enactors and those with an interest in the military history of the Great War of 1914 - 1918. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
331 Infantry Regiment, 83 Division; Information on 331Inf. Reg, 83 Div.
Topic Started: Sep 26 2006, 07:28 PM (1,056 Views)
heed72
Private
Does anyone have any info on the US, 331 Infantry Regiment, 83 Divison? I am looking for general info: Where they were based in US. When, where and if they saw action in WWI. Anything will help.

Thanks,
David.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SirJames
Member Avatar
Vize-Feldwebel
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi David,
Here is a link to a WWII group that does the 83rd ID. There unit history page goes into details about the units formation during WWI. The unit was originally from Ohio and if you look at their patch, it is made up of the letters from Ohio overlayed on each other.

http://83rd.us/RegHistory.html

Regards,
Jim

BTW, I think there are one or two guys in the GWA (PPCLI I think) who are also part of the WWII 83rd group. They could probably tell you more.
Grenadier Guards
2nd Battalion, Number Two Company
Guards Division

heed72
Private
Thank You!

« Previous Topic · Units · Next Topic »
Add Reply