Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Topic Started: Jan 24 2012, 08:57 PM (1,588 Views)
soulisthirsty
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
Has anyone here ever heard of, or played, the Persona games by Atlus?

I finally got around to getting a PS2 (...DON'T JUDGE lol I had no interest before xD ) and I started playing Persona 4. IT - WAS - SO - AMAZING. I actually didn't think I'd like it at first, because the intro to the game is mostly dialogue and it lasts for like an hour, but after that it's honestly one of the most amazing, hilarious and entertaining RPG's I've ever played.

Oh, yeah, and it takes place in Japan. ;D And it's kind of like a Simulation game with RPG elements.

AND YURI LOWENTHAL DOES THE VOICE OF ONE OF THE CHARACTERS. He's one of my favourite voice actors, so... ;D

Basically though, you play a male character which you name at the beginning; the MC has just moved to the small town of Inaba to live with his uncle for awhile. It starts off pretty normal, he meets his fellow students at school, makes a friend, blah blah blah. And then a TV announcer is found dead, hanging from an antennae. Several days later, the student who found the TV announcer's body is also found dead in a similar manner. The MC and his friends discover that they have the ability to go through TV's and enter what is known as the 'TV World,' which is what someone has been using to kill the TV announcer, the student, and later others as well. Realizing that they are able to figure out who and when someone will be targeted next through a program called "The Midnight Channel" (which only shows up on rainy nights, at midnight, when the TV set is off) they set out to try and rescue the future victims, while also trying to uncover the identity of the killer.

It sounds kind of weird when it's explained, you really have to play it for it to not seem totally bizarre (because it really doesn't when you're actually playing the game, I thought it was weird at first too lol) but the game is so much fun. There's festivals, class trips, you can hang out with your friends after school, increase your stats (like intelligence, charisma, courage, diligence, understanding, expression), there's school clubs you can join, you have to take exams, and the entire game takes place over a single school year. (Some days/weeks get skipped for game events). It is the most addicting game I have ever played. o_O

There's also "Persona 3" which has an edgier and creepier feel to it. I don't like it as much but I'm not very far into it yet either. ;P

I only wondered if anyone had heard of these games before because I hadn't, and only found them by fluke (despite them apparently having a very high rating on Gamespot).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply