Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Different Language Versions.
Topic Started: Aug 17 2008, 12:44 AM (4,345 Views)
ArtemisX
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
I was just checking the chat box, and noticed that some people don't have English as their first language, or as any language they know, so when each arc is up, much like Chain's remix version option, wouldn't it be a good idea to have the game release later in another language. Spanish particularly, because Sailor Moon is one of the most familiar old anime's here (I'm from South America and all). But mostly other language options could become available. Fans from different places would probably offer themselves to help translate the script. And this doesn't have to be right away after each arc is release.

Just an idea.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
President of Crystal Tokyo
I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it done. I don't want people who want to play it not be able to because they don't understand the language.

ArtemisX
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
Coolness, I've be happy to help with the Spanish, but probvably for the best would be to open a thread where people could request and/or offer themselves to help translate the script.

Onece the arcs are done, though. You wouldn't want the story leaking out, considering the secrecy of it all. But I'm glad you would like that, it would be cool for everyone to get a chance to follow the story too.

Daio
Heavenly King
Each arc, I'd hope. It wouldn't be fair for English fans to get it arc by arc while other fans would have to wait. Provided my skills improve, I'd be able to assist with a French translation.

ArtemisX
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
I was implying the translation for every arc when I suggested it. Cause yeah so no one has to wait for the whole thing to be done.

leticia_cosmos
Moon Flunkie
Hi, hi o/
I'm new in the forum, and I'm from Brazil.
Chains, I'm the girl from the site www.sossailormoon.com.br
And our team will be very glad to help to translate the game to portuguese if there is interest in doing it.

and... ah! hello for all

YaminoSenshi
Moon Fairy
Seeing as how this is going to be based on the uncut anime and properly translated manga...the highest priority translation, in my opinion, should be a Japanese release. Let's face it, there were Japanese "moonies" before America even knew what Sailor Moon was. And I'm sure many Japanese would be highly annoyed, if not downright "peeved" off if they could not play this game.

I hope you realize this game is going to impact the internet like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs hit Earth...it will probably be an overnight success, and there is (in my opinion) a somewhat decent possibility of some game designing company asking you if they can buy it.

In reference to a video game company buying it: Are you going to accept? I do hope not for two major reasons. The game would become no longer free. And it would be horribly edited for the "official" American release (Even more than the dub was edited because of some of the extra stuff you're adding). So please, no matter how much money they offer you, turn it down.

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
President of Crystal Tokyo
I don't really know what I'd do if a real video game company ever came to me about releasing this game on a real console. LOL Probably die from excitement. I doubt that would happen for a number of reasons, but if it did, the only way I would accept is if the game was kept exactly as it was and aimed at an older, at least teen, audience.

loveHELLO
Member Avatar
Constant Victim
I was also wondering if it would be translated to Japanese. They'd appreciate it, no doubt.

I, however, don't think that should be the first language it is translated to (the last, if anything). From what I've seen, if something gets popular enough by the Japanese, it is more likely to be attacked by the copyright holders. If this game gets enough popularity/recognition by the Japanese fans, it is more possible that you would be asked to remove it.

Then again, who actually still has rights to Sailor Moon anyhow? Who would tell you to take it down? Naoko? JupiterConfused

In any case, I still think we should be cautious about that

Rumn-Snuffles
Member Avatar
Anthropomorphic Personification
That's right, we should be cautious... of course, I guess as long as the game is completely non-profit and within other copyright requirements it shouldn't be too bad... Uh, I'll help with Japanese though, if it happens ^^

Prismatic
Member Avatar
Moon Flunkie
I can translate to German, if it becomes necessary. <3

Kyon-py
Member Avatar
Moon Flunkie
I could maybe help with the japanese. I'm not 100% fluent, but it's my major and I'm studying abroad in japan right now. at the very least, I have a lot of friends and references to help with translation.

Kikia
Member Avatar
Meatball Head
I could help with french i have been taking it for 9 years. But i'm not very good at tranlating expressions....

Hermes
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
I volunteer to translate it to Castilian Spanish! NeptuneWin

OlegT
Moon Flunkie
I could do Russian and or Hungarian!
Edited by OlegT, Jan 30 2009, 06:54 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Story and General Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: