Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Pixel Movement; Recently coded into the game
Topic Started: Mar 27 2008, 09:32 PM (2,998 Views)
Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
President of Crystal Tokyo
The game will now feature pixel movement as opposed to square by square movement. As an example, walking around will feel like it does in Chrono Trigger or Zelda: ALTTP as opposed to SM: Another Story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OverCoat
Member Avatar
ROW, ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH
Great!

Sailor Neptune
Member Avatar
Constant Victim
Fantastic!! UsagiHappy

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
Excellent! VenusPose

Squirrel3D
Sailor Soldier
It's about NEGAVERSE FLUNKY time....I was hoping this would happen at all, but now you made it reality.

Thank you. Really...I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Daio
Heavenly King
Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand why this is so fantastic?

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
I can't really speak for everyone, but it creates a much more fluid, less boxy gaming experience. That and I have yet to see another RPG Maker project use it.

Sailor Neptune
Member Avatar
Constant Victim
Since the pixel movement has been established, do you have an idea when the arc will be done?

sicknpsyko
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
Daio
Mar 31 2008, 04:48 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand why this is so fantastic?

No, no you are not xD

Although... I don't really know what pixel movement is, for I haven't planned Chrono in several years... and can't seem to figure it out =/ So we may have different reasons for not being quite as excited as everyone else o.O LunaDown

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
I'll try to explain it. XD

In the game, pieces of the map are broken into boxes that are 32 pixels wide and 32 pixels tall. By default, when you step in a direction, you step onto the next box depending on what direction you press.

With pixel movement, you can step only one pixel at a time, as opposed to 32 pixels.

sicknpsyko
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
I still dont think I get it u.u UsagiSneaky

I think the first one is where when you step forward in the game, then the bottom row disapears and a new top row appears... or something? Is that right?

and then I know there's games where you just walk around in a rectangle of map and when you reach an end [Top, Right, Bottom, or Left] it will take you one rectrangle of map over in that direction... I think this might be the type with Zelda games... if I remember correctly...

Do either of those make sense... and/or are either of them what you're talking about? x.x

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Ah, no. XD I don't really know how to explain it any other way, either. ^^;

sicknpsyko
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
Darn... =/

Can you think of any other games of either style... or both... o.O

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Name some SNES RPGs you've played and we'll go from there. XD

OverCoat
Member Avatar
ROW, ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH
Think of like, the very first Dragon Warrior vs. Secret of Mana in terms of character movement. In Dragon Warrior, the world is basically a big square grid that you move around in rigidly, in only 4 directions. In SoM, you can move diagonally or in whichever direction you please. And the game's art is a lot better :3

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshots, Features and Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: