Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Update 2/22/08 Equip Menu~; The unveiling!
Topic Started: Feb 22 2008, 06:17 PM (4,924 Views)
Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
President of Crystal Tokyo
Posted Image *Update: 2/22/08* Posted Image

As promised, I have a big update for today. (It may seem small to some, but a lot of thought and work has had to go into this. Also, more is coming very soon.)

On to the update! Alright folks, I'm ready to reveal my plan for the menu. It will look like a cell phone, and as such, have features that real cell phones have incorporated into the features that all RPGs have.

*At the beginning of the game, the game will ask you if you are a boy or a girl. If you select girl, the menu will be pink, if you select boy, the menu will be blue. I may or may not include a feature where you can eventually unlock more looks for the outside border of the menu.

The menu is split into numerous parts. (For now I only have a picture of the equip menu.)

1. Items
2. Equip
3. Techs
4. Status
5. Party
6. Internet
7. Options
8. Save
9. Camera

I. Items
Items are organized in different tabs by category.
Categories: Items, Equipment, and Key Items.

II. The Equip Menu

(Click for larger size) (Also note that fonts aren't finalized and I know the white font looks funky. ^^; )
Posted Image

(The green will be invisible and you'll be able to still see the map you're on. Also, as noted further below, the background is changeable.)

In Equip, you can change your party members equipment. As you change equipment, the equipment on the sprite representing the party member changes to. Though the in-game sprite of the party members transformed does not change based on equipment normally, there are special armors that can their appearance.

III. Techs
In Techs, you can check what techs you've learned, learn new techs, and level up techs you've already learned. Techs are learned by using TP (Tech Points) on a grid. You start with one tech and expand to other techs that in turn branch out to other techs.

Once you learn a tech, you can expend more TP to level them up to a max level of 10. As they power up, they increase in power, and sometimes can change in ways such as adding poison to the enemy/enemies affected.

Some techs can only be opened for acquiring once you've leveled up previous techs learned.

IV. Status
In Status, you can check your party members statistics, see what equipment they have equipped, what techs they've learned, and look at/change the outfit they are wearing.

V. Party
In Party, you can change party members and party order.

VI. Internet
In Internet, you can do the following:

1. Check text messages
-As you progress through the game, you will receive various text messages. Some are important to the story and others are just for fun.
-With certain text messages, you will be able to submit a fixed reply out of a few choices, up to 3 different ones.

2. Access your dictionary of people, places, terms, etc.
-With the dictionary, you can look up information on people you've met, places you've been, terms you've heard, and a few other categories.
-For those who are unfamiliar with certain names, every person, place, and term will have the name used in the game, also telling what name was used in the American Dub of the anime, the original manga/anime names, and the American translation of the manga.

3. Listen to music bought/found.
-Throughout the game you can buy and find CDs. You can listen to those CDs here. Some CDs are special and can only be acquired through side quests or stealing them from enemies in battle.

4. Play minigames that you've acquired.
-Through certain events you can acquire games to play in the menu through the TeletiaS company.
-These games can only be played when you're at a save point.
-The first minigame that is automatically unlocked during the course of the story is the "Sailor Soldier Quiz" minigame. You compete by answering questions on Sailor Moon trivia. There are various levels of difficulty for each character. Beating a level earns you a prize.

VII. Options
In Options, you can:
-Change the background of the menu
-Change how loud music/sound is
-Change whether or not you want to hear a confirmation sound when you receive a text message
-Change the confirmation sound if you have selected to hear one
-Change the look of the message window in dialogue

VIII. Save
In Save, you will be able to save the game if you are at a save point.

IX. Camera
In Camera, you will be able to look at pictures you've taken.
-At any time while you are walking around, you will be able to take a picture by pressing a specific button and it will be recorded in your phone.
-A maximum of 50 pictures can be saved.

And there you have it! ^^ Please look at the equipment menu picture to understand what it will look like, and let me know if you have any ideas for it, or if you really just don't like something. XD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
I love you Chains, LOL, that was awesome! Love your ideas, so nice, the cellphone idea is genial too and I also love the graphic style. Awesome work!!!
I would love to say more but, you know, it's hard for me....XD......Mad gif

P.s. what about that light rod or scepter? Will it be her first weapon?
Really

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Glad you like it. ^^

Oh no, the Light Scepter just an example of what original weapons will look like.

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
I see, so she will have many wands and rods, right?

Can you tell me more about this thing please? ArtemisSit

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Yes, she will have a very wide variety of wands and rods, as all characters will. (Except Outers, their weapons evolve.)

What would you like to know? ^^

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
Mmmm.....it's hard to explain,
for example, we all know that she received the moonlight stick in the middle of the first arc right? Well....is she supposed to use wands even before the Moonlight stick?
Another thing....I personally think that her "official wands" should be the more powerful of the arc they are used....

Hope you can understand what I meant to say... JupiterBlush ArtemisSit

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Yes, Sailor Moon will always have a rod/wand and there will be a few you get/can get before she receives the Moon Wand in the story.

Generally, wands/rods that you get from finding them/completing sidequests for them will be stronger simply because the ones given to you in the story require no extra work, and the weapons should be more powerful if you have to work for them, otherwise there's no point in getting more. ^^;

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
I see, but, don't you feel that is better instead of changing her "story" wand with another, to simply let her to power up her main weapon by using some secret energy sources that simply boost the stats of the wands? ArtemisSit

Just a little idea.

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
In story sequences she will always use her story-acquired weapons. The new weapons only affect what weapons she uses in battles.

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
I see, just like other rpgs :)

Can I ask why Moon's weapons and the inner's weapons won't evolve as the outer's do through the game? ArtemisSit

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Because I wanted a means to separate the Outer Soldiers from the Inner Soldiers, and their weapons are much more sacred than everyone elses. It only makes sense that they use no other weapons and have means to make their weapons more powerful.

Cloud
Member Avatar
Sailor Soldier
I understand your point. :)

I personally would have preferred having the same weapons for Moon and the outers and let the inner have the right to change theirs but I think it's only a matter of taste.

Thank you for your explanations. ArtemisSit

XPushingOBorders
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
I know I'm being kinda an ass in asking this...

but is your weapon spriting going to be better? I think that your sprites are superb and would like to see the weapons match this! Right now that wand-y scepter thing looks kinda lame.... Just curious. Sorry if I offended, was not my intent. Usagi_Hah

EDIT:

I mean the weapon in her hand. It's hard to see the one she is holding, and when she holds it, it just LOOKS fake. I was wondering if that was just a beta weapon and the real thing will be a ton nicer. If not, then perhaps making Moon in a different stance so the weapons dont blend into her?

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Well, someone else designed the custom weapons, I just sprited one of them to use as an example^^;

I'll try to make them look a little nicer, just remember that I'm a novice spriter. ^^;

EDIT:

I know what you mean, it's hard to see the one she's holding. I'll work on making it a bit nicer, it's just a first draft, I wanted to reveal the equipment menu already. XD

But yes, the final weapons on the big sprite will look nice and crisp and won't be hard to see. Also remember that in-game, the picture will be fullscreen and a big bigger.

Algus
Member Avatar
Retainer of Chiron
Amazing ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshots, Features and Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: