Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon: The RPG Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Features
Topic Started: Feb 24 2007, 03:29 PM (6,090 Views)
Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
President of Crystal Tokyo
A. Battle System

The battle system will be side-view and active time (meaning that the action takes place in real time.) Battles will be very fast paced and feature animated battlers and enemies.

Active Time Battle System
On the battle screen, a status summary of each character is displayed. These encompass HP levels, MP levels (where applicable), and an ATB gauge. The ATB gauge determines when a character can take action. When the gauge is filled completely, the player can issue an order to that character. Enemies can attack while you are issuing an order.

Rows and Party Members
Battle formation will consist of two rows. The front row boosts physical attacks and the back row boosts physical defense. Magic is not affected by row. Parties will consist of five members with the ability to swap out during battle with no penalty. The active party can’t heal the non-active party in battle. Any party members not present when the battle ends do not receive any TP but do receive half of the EXP gained by those who are present.

Techs
Each party member will learn a number of techs (Special Attacks and Magic) throughout the game. Some techs can only be gained by completing side quests or other tasks. Magic attacks consist of healing, barriers, stat moves or anything non-offensive. A character can increase their own stats or give their default attack the element of any party member who has joined the party at least once. These can be given out more often than the techs. "Attack All" spells will increase in strength against one enemy. There are also Double and Group Techs in which two or more party members can combine their turns to unleash one devastating attack.

Elements and Status Effects

Elements are:

# Fire / Ice
# Wood / Metal
# Earth / Wind
# Dark / Light
# Lightning / Water

There won’t be a secondary opposition system, such as Wind makes Fire stronger or Water makes Wood stronger. Status ailments are:

# Poison - % of HP lost each turn until healed.
# Freeze – Cannot move. If hit, instant KO.
# Paralyze – Cannot move for three turns.
# Charm – Attack same side.
# Confuses – Attack at random.
# Sleep – Enemy cannot move for three turns. If hit, wake up.
# Blind – Acc. Reduced.
# Slow – Speed Reduced.
# Weak – Attack Reduced.

Non-random Battles
Battles are initiated in the field by coming into contact with a visible enemy. Battles can usually be avoided if you don’t wish to fight.

B. Game Environment / Game Mechanics / Cut Scenes

Semi-interactive Environment
By examining objects such as shelves, barrels, etc. in the field, you can find items and money. Some objects are interactive.

Equipment
As you progress through the game you will encounter lots of new weapons, armors, tiara stones, and accessories. Each character uses a specific type of weapon. Most party members can find and buy new weapons; others have a single weapon that powers up by completing certain tasks and sidequests. While non-Sailor Soldier characters can equip normal "helmets," Sailor Soldiers wear tiaras. New tiaras are only gained by finding stones and melding them onto a blank tiara via Luna in your Base.

Pixel Movement
As opposed to moving square by square, the player will be able to move pixel by pixel, creating a much smoother experience.

Realistic Aspects
Characters in the game wear different clothes on different days and interact with the environment. Various weather effects are also present throughout the game such as rain, snow, thunderstorms, etc. Some NPCs will only give you valuable information if you talk to them several times. Others may become annoyed if you pester them too much. As the story progresses, the lives of NPCs do as well. Some NPCs have a set schedule. Others are only around at certain times throughout the game. Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in side quests!

Key Command Events
At certain points throughout the game, you will participate in Key Command Events. You will have to press certain keys at the right time to complete tasks or beat certain bosses successfully. Depending on how well you do, you may receive secret items and other hidden goods.

Game World
As the game progresses, lots of new shops and other places will appear and open throughout the Juuban District of Japan. You will also be able to venture into other areas of Japan and even outside of Japan via a travel menu making traveling between locations a breeze!

Cut Scenes
Cut scenes in the game will be voice-acted and feature animated character sprites with pictures, sprite animations, and face graphics. A character’s face graphic will also display their current emotion as opposed to staying static.

C. Side Quests / Mini Games / Misc.

Base
Near the beginning of the game Luna constructs a Base for the Sailor Soldiers to use as their headquarters. The Base grows and expands as you progress through the story and gain new party members. Moon Tokens can be used to buy new furniture and other objects. Rooms within the base include a Meeting Room, Computer Room, and a VR Room. The VR Room allows you to visit dungeons that are inaccessible after your first visit.

Unlockable Outfits
You can unlock various outfits for each party member by buying them and completing certain tasks and side quests.

Arcade Games
The arcade in the Juuban Shopping Center features a number of mini games that you can play including the Sailor V action game featured in the manga and anime.

Moon Tokens
Collect Moon Tokens by completing various tasks and sidequests. Moon Tokens can be spent in your base to earn you new furniture for your base, items, weapons, armors, tiara stones, outfits, and other secret items.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jellegirl
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
It all sounds great! ChibiMoonWin I can't wait to play this game!

Demonic Sailor Moon
Member Avatar
True Ruler of the World
Chains Of Fate
Feb 24 2007, 04:29 PM
Key Command Events
At certain points throughout the game, you will participate in Key Command Events. You will have to press certain keys at the right time to complete tasks or beat certain bosses successfully. Depending on how well you do, you may receive secret items and other hidden goods.

The way how you discribe that makes it sound sort of like God of War meets Shadow Hearts.

I like the idea anyway, keep it up.

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Never played either of those, but it's similar to a system in Shenmue if you've ever played that.

Eleo
Member Avatar
Punkrocker Warrior of the Moon
I'll pray to the moons holy tower that I'll find a job and will be able to buy a PC instead of the familys macintosh before this game is finished, then.

Oh my.

Sailor Coronis
Member Avatar
Cloud Strife
Chains Of Fate
Feb 25 2007, 04:59 AM
Never played either of those, but it's similar to a system in Shenmue if you've ever played that.

I know that system since I've played Shenmue.....it remember me the Kingdom hearts 2 batte system too ArtemisSit

VampirePaladin
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
If the attack all spells get even stronger against a single enemy then what purpose would there be to having single enemy spells? Why not just always use the spell that will hit all enemies?

startrekempress
Meatball Head
VampirePaladin
Feb 26 2007, 05:01 AM
If the attack all spells get even stronger against a single enemy then what purpose would there be to having single enemy spells? Why not just always use the spell that will hit all enemies?

I imagine they drain a significantly larger amount of power ...

Chains Of Fate
Member Avatar
Because the Attack All spells cost more MP and can only be used against one enemy when there's just one enemy left.

A large number of role playing games follow this.

Sailor Coronis
Member Avatar
Cloud Strife
Chains Of Fate
Feb 26 2007, 05:16 AM

Yes, SM Another Story too ArtemisSit

sicknpsyko
Member Avatar
Moon Fairy
Chains Of Fate
Feb 25 2007, 11:16 PM
Because the Attack All spells cost more MP and can only be used against one enemy when there's just one enemy left.

i think they thought you could just target one enemy at will, which in that case i agree with them, but this way makes much more sense =D LunaDown

Jeanine
Member Avatar
City Councillor
Single target spells always let you choose the target. Multi-target spells hit every available enemy target so there is no selection.

Many multi-target spells use the formula: damage divided by number of targets. The damage is higher than a single-target spell but because of the division, it does less damage per target. When there is only one target, the spell does full damage and therefore does more damage than the single-target spell.

The cost of the spell remains the same so one would have to decide if they want to use a more expensive spell that does slightly more damage against one target or a cheaper spell that would have higher damage over time since it could be cast more.

Sen-chan
Member Avatar
Meatball Head
Wow, it's been a long time since I came back to this forum. Real life and other interests killed me, but with getting over my cold, I checked my email and looked at the site and it all came back ^^ Totally can't wait to play this game, graphics look awesome and I'm itching to play something new with this kind of battle system.

UsagiHappy UsagiHappy Good work so far!!!

ami7mina
Meatball Head
I wish this game will be free!

i hope lets keep praying and wishing that it is free...

let me suggest a feature:

1) other extra characters could be playable like naru, motoki etc but can't battle.

2) i hope the cats could be playable AS HUMAN!

3) sailor senshi can revert back and still battle!

4) the walking character display could be changed depending on who is with her in the party. (example: just put mars in the first order if you want see her walking in the map)

5) EACH character has a certain menu/ skill that is hidden but can only appear if she is the first in the order.
for example:
- if I put mercury in the first, she will detect if there will be a random battle/youma nearby
- If the senshi are of low health you can put sailor jupiter at first and the skill COOKING will be allowed and she can cook to give some health
- Items full? then use chibiusa's luna P item to give some little storage
- Luna when put in the first order could put the objectives of the senshi so that you wont get lost in the game
- Tuxedo kamen when put in first order could kinda like decrease the appearance of random battles by 5-10 %.

well, i run out of suggestions so do add them up i think its nice, esp. the cooking and objectives.
cause most rpg games people DO get lost once they stop playing the game after some time then get back then they realize they are lost.

MageHammer
Kung Fu Ninja warrior and Commander of the Legions of Doom
That's actually not a bad idea, though the skills would be different for me.

Tuxedo Kamen as leader would be something like first strike(He always pops out of nowhere and lands a hit or blocks something.)

Jupiter would be to increase physical attack damage and increase physical defense(Since she is really physical when she fights, though I suppose that's only in PGSM)

If Venus was in front, I'd make it add combo damage since she is the Senshi leader.

Sailor moon would get healing aura and increase effect of healing spells or something.

Chibi Moon would give a really slow MP heal(If it's too good, that'll break the system)

Mars would increase magic damage since she has that really offensive type of combat.

Mercury would increase evasion and boost speed since she is very tactical.

Well, just my take on this idea. This should go in a different section though, I think.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Screenshots, Features and Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: