Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
You're currently viewing the Jolene Blalock - We Want Brunette Jolene SciFi Fan Forum as a guest.

This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. We do not release ANY email information at the Brunette Jolene Board!!

As a new memeber your access will be limited until you have 10 posts. Once you reach that level other sections of the Forum will open up.

Due to spam we have blocked certain IP and email addresses. If you are having difficulty with registration, please email the board admin using the link and request to be added manually.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jolene Blalock hates Enterprise?
Topic Started: 4 Nov 2010, 22:18 (3,797 Views)
Captain X
Member Avatar
"Vice" Admiral
So I was reading through TV Tropes today and happened to read on the Creator Backlash page that Jolene Blalock apparently hates the show the same way Robert Beltran hates Voyager. Given the way her character was treated, and how vocal she was in the past about that, it does seem plausible that this might have at least some truth to it. It also makes me wonder if the reason she doesn't really go to any cons is because of this.
Edited by Captain X, 4 Nov 2010, 22:18.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sipovic
Member Avatar
B
/\
It obviously an overestimation. Yes, she many times critisized the show probably louder than other cast (mostly for good reasons) but she always said that she never regret to do it and have the best working time of her life there even if creative questions wasn't always at its best. And she visited some of cons in Vegas and others, but may be it isn't her thing or she just better ways to spend her time especially now.
But I really don't believe she hates Enterprise. All this "hate Enterprise talk" going from people who didn't like her on show and just find other way to fuel themselves up to dislike her more and make other to dislike her.
From my POV it is really good when somebody can critisize it's own show, it give him some credability, instead of all this interviews when the only words people using are "awesome" and "amazing". And everything couldn't be just awesome and amazing.
As for disliking, Jolene told in some interview that was really dissappointed by "Shadow Puppets", she never said anything like that about ENT.
Edited by sipovic, 4 Nov 2010, 23:19.

giulene
Member Avatar
Lientenant Commander
During the 4 years of ENT she never went to the Cons and this lets understand something...
Before ENT she did many many auditions all gone at best but she didnt get jobs...
IMO she yearned in more important roles i.e.drama movies, Jolene is beautiful and very talented and could have a brilliant future...
IMO she took this role for need...

T'Parm
Vulcan Sub-Lieutenant
She did go to a convention during the 4 years; yes it was near the end. But she was usually busy doing movies and other shows when not working on Enterprise. I was at that convention. We knew that the show would end that year and she was not happy it was ending. I don't believe that she does not like Enterprise.

Reanok
Member Avatar
Vice Admiral
Jolene's first convention appaearence was at fedcon in germany and then then the Vegas Conventions.. I don't think Jolene Hated Enterprise I found this quote from Jolene she did during a interview this past January for Legend of the Seeker. T'pol is a character Blaloack remembers fondly 'T'Pol was an interesting bird,She says witha laugh. "There was lots I liked about her.I liked how she could't take ajoke,I liked how it seemed as if she really wanted to be accepted,and this tough exterior on the outside was"I don't need you. I liked how she became close to the rest of the characters. That sounds to me she liked Enterrpise and her character T'Pol.

giulene
Member Avatar
Lientenant Commander
That she really hated Enterprise, well I dont think , instead I think she would yearn or prefer some such a dramatic role in a most important movie something could launch her as a true movie star.
SciFi productions dont help too much, above all, actresses career.
:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Mistress Euclid
Member Avatar
Rookie
If she hated Enterprise, that's news to me. She may not have approved of some of the writing that was done for her character, and she was rather outspoken about TATV, yes, but factor in one thing:

During the course of the show, she married a wealthy, successful man. She doesn't *have* to work if she doesn't want to. She doesn't depend on appearance fees from cons as part of her income.

In this regard, the ST cast are lucky because as long as there are conventions, there is a way to put food on the table. But Jolene isn't in that position. It doesn't mean she hates Enterprise. It just means she gets to pick and choose what she does and when she does it.

BTW I'd like to see any allegation that Jolene hates Enterprise substantiated with a link.
Edited by Mistress Euclid, 26 Feb 2011, 20:51.

Pitseleh
Member Avatar
Andorian ensign
Even if she wasn't entirely happy with the writing, can you blame her? Most of the ENT fans I've heard of are unsatisfied with how T'Pol was written. That doesn't mean she hates the show. Didn't she grow up watching Trek or something like that?

The fact that she doesn't do cons or isn't very vocal about her role in the show is understandable. As it was already stated, she doesn't need to do it, and I think she might be trying to distance herself from the part so she isn't forever linked to the Vulcan image. From what I've heard, some of the best stuff in the T'Pol character came from Jolene herself. Hate is a strong word to use here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Enterprise · Next Topic »
Add Reply