Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to 4400 Abductees. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Why did she leave the 4400?; I know. slow boat.
Topic Started: Jul 23 2007, 12:45 PM (3,563 Views)
originalabductee
Abducted
[ * ]
What was the reason for the death of the character or the actresses departure?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leob
Member Avatar
Profiler
Super Moderator
umm...I'm not totally sure, but I think that they didn't see any more reason to have her in it, she was kinda there to bring Isabelle into the story and then that's all.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Posted Image<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

originalabductee
Abducted
[ * ]
If that's all, I think its lame. Richard has been very important to the strory. why would Richard/Lily not have a continuing story.

I know Richard will return later this season, but his absence from the current storyline is noticable.

Don't get me started on Isabelle. I'd much prefer to have Lily back.

Fanwoman
Member Avatar
Toxokinetic
[ *  *  * ]
Don't quote me on this or anything, but I was under the impression there'd been some sort of muckup with the contracts so she bailed. Or maybe it was that she got a bigger role elsewhere, like Alana's actress? I'd dig through the old threads from the official 4400 forum--that might have the reasons behind it.
[size0]Avatar courtesy of Kristie.

dawn
Member Avatar
Mimic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Her IMDB seems to imply she has a recurring role in Dirt (don't watch that show, so I don't know how regular she is, whether she might get killed off, or what) and that she's got a movie coming out next year called "From Within" -- she doesn't have a lead though, she's billed fifth. And it sounds like your typical horror/slasher film, so yeah.

Other than that, she seems to have done some guesting on various shows, just one-offs.

So... I can't really see the motivation to leave on her end. I mean, other than that thing on Dirt, it doesn't seem like she had much going on. So that leads me to believe that the decision was made on the production side. The writers didn't know what else to do with her character (did she ever show an ability on her own? i.e., not related to carrying Isabelle? I don't think she did...) so they axed her.

Too bad. I liked her, too.
Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornament.

It was a very emotional time for Buttercup.

Fanwoman
Member Avatar
Toxokinetic
[ *  *  * ]
Again, digging through the old threads on the official The 4400 forum should say, but my recollection, in reading those threads, was that there were contractual problems, not a lack of knowing what to do with the character. If that's all it had been, they could have had a few new scenes of Lily the young mother, if only in flashback, instead of going straight to old Lily. The complete lack of Laura Allen in season three was not accidental.
[size0]Avatar courtesy of Kristie.

dawn
Member Avatar
Mimic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Could you elaborate on 'contractual problems'? Was she demanding more money, or more screentime, or did she just want out to pursue other projects?
Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornament.

It was a very emotional time for Buttercup.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Laura Allen · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme designed per request at the ZBTZ